01202 831914 / 07711 244304 enquiries@dc-electrical.co.uk


For more than 20 years we have been providing electrical services directly for people in their homes. Covering everything from minor works through to complete rewires, no job is too small or too complicated for our expert team to help you with.

Get in Touch Now!

Call: 01202 831914 / 07711 244304
Email: enquiries@dc-electrical.co.uk


  • Minor Work – Sockets, Switches etc

  • Fault Finding & Repairs

  • Fuse Boards

  • Power and Lighting Design

  • Home Networking

  • Complete Re-Wiring

  • Underfloor heating

  • Audio Visual

  • Smoke detectors & Fire Alarm Systems

  • Outdoor and Garden lighting & power

  • Phone & TV Sockets

  • Electric Vehicle charging

  • Thatched property works and inspections

  • Outdoor Wiring

  • Security Lighting

  • CCTV & Security Installations

  • Landlord electrical checks

Click Here to get in touch today

What You Need to Know...

Navigating the world of hiring an Electrician can be tricky, so we've put together this really useful guide to help you make this important decision.

How long have you been in business, and how do I know you’re not going to rip me off?

We’ve been in business continuously since 1999. You can’t keep a local firm going for that long if you’ve been doing a bad job! We use genuine client testimonials on our website and Facebook page, but if you’d like to actually speak to one of our happy customers, we’ll try to put you in touch!

Who are the people who will do the work?

We have a team of qualified electricians (engineers), sometimes the engineer will be accompanied by an apprentice who is on an approved college training scheme and working under SJIB guidelines.

Our engineers are qualified to current regulations and undergo regular updating of skills. They have also undergone an electrical apprenticeship before becoming qualified. All of our team are employees who have been with us for a number of years, we don’t have any sub-contractors. 

When you call us, you’ll speak to Dave Owen, DC’s Director, a qualified electrician with over 30 year’s experience. He’s also the person you’ll see if you ask us to come out to do an estimate.

What Type Of Work Do You Carry Out?

We carry out all electrical and security system installation, maintenance, inspection and testing work for domestic, commercial and industrial customers.

This can range from the installation of extra sockets and lights to rewires, replacement of fuse boards  and new builds. We undertake small jobs as well as large contract work  and work with householders, landlords, builders, shops, letting/estate agents, housing associations, high street stores, commercial and industrial companies. We’ve also worked on luxury yachts!

Our inspection and testing service includes fixed wiring testing of the electrics within properties and appliances can be inspected and tested through our PAT Testing service. 

We can provide Electrical condition reports for Landlords, surveys and are experienced with Thatched Properties too!

I’m having a boiler fitted.Do you do heating controls or is it a plumber’s Job?

Yes, we do the heating controls, we also do underfloor heating systems, electric showers and Nest Intelligent control systems, CCTV installations, electric vehicle sockets and garden lighting and electrical work.

Are you regulated and do you have health and safety qualifications?

Yes, we are proud members of NICEIC, the gold standard in Electrical regulation. Our registration number is 034337.

We are inspected annually to check that we are fully compliant with current regulations. Jobs are spot checked, technicians are skills checked and our administrative processes including health and safety procedures are up to scratch too.

Are you insured and Is your work guaranteed?

Yes we have £5,000,000 Public Liability Insurance and £10,000,000 Employers Liability Insurance.

All our work carries a one-year warranty on defective parts and workmanship. The NICEIC insurance backed warranty covers work undertaken by contractors registered to the NICEIC Part P Installer Scheme which gives you additional cover.

How much is a call out charge?

£55 plus vat which includes the first hour on site

Are you VAT registered


I got a cheaper quote elsewhere. Can you do it any cheaper?

We always do a great job for a fair price.  Quite often, customers will gather quotes from several different electricians and we can’t promise to be the cheapest, because we don’t cut corners and we try to think of everything that you’ll need when we price.  Please check that you’re getting like for like quotes, and make sure you’ve asked all the questions you should be asking (see above). 

If our quote is still out of your budget, but if you’d like to chose us because you want to be sure you’re getting a service you can count on, talk to us. Often we can find a solution by changing plans slightly, but without compromising on quality.

What areas do you cover?

Our standard call out charge applies to areas within a 20 mile radius of Poole, but we can cover other areas. We’ve carried out jobs as far away as the South of France!

How long does it usually take to find a fault?

All of our engineers have years of experience and most faults can be found and repaired within an hour, which means it is all covered in our callout charge.  We’ll always keep you informed about what’s going on, so if it’s going to take longer, we’ll let you know.

Do you do evenings and weekends?

We usually work Monday to Friday, but we’re quite flexible if that doesn’t work for you. Call us and ask!

I’ve got a mate who rewired my house for me and I need a certificate. Can you let me have one?

No, sorry, it’s not allowed, and it could be downright dangerous. Never skimp on your safety. Don’t mess with electrics, get someone properly qualified to carry out the work.

I’m buying a house and the surveyor says I need an electrical survey. How much does it cost?

It’s a very thorough inspection and price depends on the size of the property. We issue an NIC EIC condition report. It’s usually between £140 - £240 plus VAT

I’ve got a couple of small jobs need doing. Is that too little for your to come out for?

We love the small jobs! For the most cost-effective solution, we try and get all the jobs out the way at the same time rather than doing separate trips.

What is an RCD?

RCD stands for Residual Current Device. They are usually fitted as standard to most domestic consumer units in houses built after around 1980. They are designed to quickly trip and interrupt the supply to the circuit they are protecting when an imbalance is detected between the neutral and live (in the case of an RCD) or when there is a current in the earth wire of the protected circuit, above a pre-set limit (usually 30mA) The RCD is ideal to protect the user from electric shocks and earth leakage faults and provides a necessary additional protection to the usual MCB or circuit breaker.

My RCD on the fuse board trips out, what do I do?

If this is a solid fault (i.e. it won’t reset), it is most likely due to a faulty appliance that is plugged in but which has developed a fault. The most likely culprit is the washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer or cooker.  Other likely culprits are kettles, irons, outside sockets (usually anything that comes into contact with water!). Try unplugging each one in turn until the RCD remains on without tripping out. If it is not one of those items, call us, we’re always happy to talk you through a few checks and our advice is FREE!

Do You Offer Free Estimates/Quotations?

Usually, Yes,  we are happy to provide you with a free estimate or quotation.  For simple jobs where you know exactly what you need, we can usually give you an estimate verbally when you call us. Or for more in depth work, we may have to visit you to discuss the project in more detail and we’ll provide a quote in writing so that you know exactly what you’re getting for the price. 

If your project is outside of the local area, we may need to make a charge if we need to visit to price the works. 

We can’t provide a fixed cost for fault finding work due to the work required to investigate the fault. We pride ourselves on our fault finding skills, but we would suggest that you agree a short period of time for us to investigate your fault which will be chargeable, and once the agreed time limit is up we will update you with our findings. We always do our very best to find the fault within the shortest period of time. We find this is the fairest approach for fault finding work. If you’ve agreed 2 hours but it only takes us an hour, we’ll only charge you for an hour!

How Quickly Can You come out?

It really depends on your requirements and  the nature of the job,  We like to keep our existing customers happy by being dedicated to their project, but we have several engineers and we are very flexible. We should be able to come up with schedule to suit everyone.

In an emergency, we can usually get someone to you quite quickly.

Will I Have To Wait In All Day For An Electrician To Attend?

We try give 2 hour time slots in which we aim to arrive . We are nearly always on time but if delayed by an emergency, we will keep you informed. 

How Can I Pay My Invoice?

We prefer bank transfer, but you can pay by cheque. Sorry, we don’t take card payments.

Will I get any Documentation?

Fixed Wiring Testing, Pat Testing, Fire/Smoke and Emergency Lighting Testing requires us to produce electrical reports and/or certificates on completion of the work. These documents will be forwarded to you by post or email after the work is completed and paid for.

Can I Give Feedback On Your Service?

Yes please. We are always delighted that happy customers leave feedback.  If ever you’re not happy about something, don’t just leave feedback, call us, we’ll do our very best to put it right so that you can join the thousands of happy customers!

Will you have the electrical part for my repair?

Our electricians carry a good range of electrical parts – fuses, spare lights, switches, wire, cables, sockets etc. Most other parts can be sourced very quickly from one of our local suppliers.  If we need to order something for you, we’ll keep you informed.

What’s involved in rewiring a house?

A rewire is pretty invasive. We need access to floor voids, ceiling space, make channels in walls. It does make dust and mess, but we are very experienced at rewires and we make as little mess as possible, and we always clean up as best as possible at the end of each day. It often requires furniture to be moved out and can require floor covering to be taken up. Don’t worry, we’ll always tell you exactly what needs to be done on your part and we’ll work with you to make it as hassle free as possible.

Why do I need a Landlord’s Electrical Safety Certificate?

As a Landlord, it is important to ensure that all electrical appliances and fittings within the property you rent out are safe.It has recently been made  a mandatory requirement by law. It is your legal responsibility as a Landlord to provide an Electrical condition report and carry out any works which are required. 

I’ve got an electric car. Do you do charging sockets for these?

Yes, we’ve done a lot of these lately! it needs it’s own supply from the fuse board.

Can I use an extension lead on a hot tub?

Please don’t do this. The current has to travel a further distance and this could cause a voltage drop which could damage the motor of your inflatable hot tub, or cause the cable to overheat. We can install a safe, weatherproof outdoor socket for you instead.

For fixed hot tubs, it’ll need its own 16/32 amp power supply direct from your fuse board. Sometimes hot tub installation companies will arrange this for you, but it’s worth checking how much they’re charging for that. We can do this for you and even set up any additional garden power supply if you’re thinking about having outdoor heating and lighting.

What electrical appliances are included in Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)?

A portable or movable electric appliance is any item that can be moved, and either connected or disconnected from an electrical supply. Portable or movable items generally have a lead (cable) and a plug. Portable and movable equipment can therefore include most movable appliances from kettles, toasters, vacuum cleaners, irons, fan heaters through to washing machines, fridges, tumble dryers and electric cookers.

How often should PAT testing be done?

Although the law does not state how often PAT testing needs to be done, we suggest at least every 1-2 years to ensure that you are meeting your legal obligations to maintain high standards of electrical safety in your rented property. 

Do you install chandeliers?

Yes! The largest one that we’ve installed is 2.5 metres diameter suspended from a 30ft ceiling! We have tons of experience with lighting design and can help you with plans for new homes, renovation or loft conversions.

I’m converting my loft; do I need an Electrical Certificate?

Yes! Your loft conversion’s electrical installation must be designed, installed, tested and certified  by a qualified electrician in compliance with Building Regulations. The certificate must be forwarded to the Building Control surveyor for approval so the Building Control completion certificate can be issued.  Without this, your insurance could be invalid and any future sale of the house could be difficult!